- Cataloging staff who meet all of the requirements listed further below and are not currently using OCLC Connexion Client.
- Cataloging staff who meet all of the requirements listed further below and are currently using OCLC Connexion Client but are in need of a refresher.
Note: Depending on demand, RSA may prioritize registrations for cataloging staff who are not currently using Client. Registrants who currently use the Client and are in need of a refresher may be asked to register for a future workshop.
- Please register on L2 no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, December 8, 2021.
- Accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Maximum registration is 8 staff from Full Online RSA member libraries.
- More than one staff member from the same library are allowed to attend.
- Minimum registration is at least 3 staff, ideally from 2 different RSA member libraries, to encourage collaborative learning.
- If the minimum requirement is unmet, the instructor will cancel the workshop and notify the registrants via email.
- If the registration requirement is met, the instructor will email registrants the Zoom access link and a preparation checklist after registration closes.
- Please cancel registration as soon as possible if unable to attend.
- Meet all of the OCLC cataloging requirements in the Core Competencies for Cataloging Staff at RSA Member Libraries:
- Employment at a Full Online RSA member library – Refer to this list to check a library’s RSA membership level.
- Completion of the basic WorkFlows cataloging workshop provided by RSA or internally at the registrant’s library.
- At least one year of WorkFlows cataloging experience. Exception to this requirement is considered on an individual basis by the RSA Cataloging & Database Supervisor in consultation with the registrant’s supervisor.
- Active subscription to the RSA listserv and routine monitoring for cataloging-related information.
- Participation in RSA Database Committee meetings to stay informed of cataloging issues and procedures. Those unable to attend “live” must watch the meeting recording and read the notes accessible here.
- Receive permission from a supervisor, Director, or administration to register. No need to share permission with RSA.
- A functional web cam or borrow one from RSA. Please indicate during registration if an RSA web cam is necessary.
- Reliable internet connection.
- WorkFlows downloaded on the computer before the workshop. Download WorkFlows here. Contact the RSA Help Desk for assistance: email@example.com or 1-866-940-4083.
- OCLC Connexion Client 3.0 downloaded on the computer before the workshop. Download the Client here, under “Download software.” Contact OCLC Support for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-848-5800.
- OCLC Connexion authorization and password for the registrant’s library ready at the time of the workshop. Contact OCLC Support if authorization is unknown: email@example.com or 1-800-848-5800.
- Completion of the following modules before the workshop to learn how to use OCLC Connexion Client:
- 3 records for items in need of cataloging at the registrant’s library ready in the OCLC Connexion Client local save file before the workshop. These records will be used during the workshop to practice adding call number/item information, exporting, and loading into WorkFlows.
- Log into Zoom to ensure a successful connection 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop.