Cataloging staff who work at member libraries of the Resource Sharing Alliance NFP (RSA) consortium are invited to a Basic WorkFlows Cataloging Workshop, hosted online in Zoom. This workshop is helpful for new catalogers or existing catalogers in need of a refresher.
Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, limited to eight RSA member library staff. Please register on L2 no later than 12:00 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
Minimum registration is at least three staff, ideally from three different RSA member libraries, to encourage a collaborative learning environment. If this minimum requirement is unmet, the instructor will cancel the workshop and notify the registrants via email.
If the registration requirement is met, the instructor will email registrants the workshop access link and a preparation checklist after registration closes.
In order to participate in this workshop, a registrant must meet these requirements:
- Basic familiarity using a mouse and keyboard, as well as the ability to clearly view a computer screen.
- Receive written and/or verbal permission from a supervisor, Director, or administration to register for this workshop. No need to share proof of permission with RSA. The registrant – not RSA – is responsible for meeting this requirement.
- Access to an internet-connected computer.
- Access to WorkFlows on that computer. WorkFlows installations must be completed prior to the start of the workshop. For assistance, contact the RSA Help Desk at 1-866-940-4083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to a functional web cam on the computer. If a registrant lacks web cam access, RSA will provide one to use during the workshop. Please indicate during L2 registration, using the free-text Notes field, if an RSA web cam is necessary.
- Attend all three workshop sessions:
Tuesday, November 14, 2023 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, November 15, 2023 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Thursday, November 16, 2023 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Please note that this workshop will not be recorded for later viewing.
Formal instruction will take approximately two hours to complete during each session. An additional 30 minutes of “flex time” is included in the session times above. Flex time will be used if additional time is necessary for instruction, or registrants want to ask the instructor cataloging questions specific to their libraries.
- Cancel registration in L2 as soon as possible if unable to attend all three sessions.
- Prior to each session, complete homework assignments that will take no longer than an hour. The instructor will email registrants the assignments after registration closes.
- Log into Zoom to ensure a successful connection 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop.