- Receive an individually named account to catalog at the basic level in the WorkFlows database (if the registrant is not already using an individual account).
- Through hands-on practice, learn how to use WorkFlows to catalog regular and large print books, audiobooks, DVDs, and Blu-rays.
- Create brief records for items that lack matching bibliographic records already in WorkFlows.
- Discover how to perform efficient collection maintenance through global item edits and the discard account.
- Find out how RSA, RAILS, and the Cataloging Maintenance Center provide original cataloging assistance.
- Review reports that identify cataloging issues in need of correction to ensure a quality database and optimal discoverability for users.
This workshop will NOT discuss:
- magazine cataloging
- item group editor
- OCLC Connexion
- editing, upgrading, and creating original bibliographic records