Cataloging staff who work at Basic and Full Online libraries of the Resource Sharing Alliance NFP (RSA) consortium are invited to an RSA Bibload Workshop, hosted online in Zoom. This workshop will not be recorded for later viewing.
This workshop will focus on how to use OCLC Connexion Client to make bibliographic records usable for RSA, including how to add library-specific call number/item information to the records, export them from the Client in the correct format, and load them into WorkFlows so they are visible in the RSAcat. Any registrant not already using an individually named WorkFlows account to catalog at the OCLC level will receive one at the time of the workshop.
This workshop will not discuss:
- How to install OCLC Connexion Client or WorkFlows onto a computer
- How to configure default settings in OCLC Connexion Client, besides those for export
- How to use OCLC Connexion Client to search for bibliographic records
- How to verify an OCLC record is a match for an item in need of cataloging
- How to edit existing OCLC records to improve or correct the bibliographic description
- How to create new bibliographic records in OCLC (i.e., original cataloging)
- How to manually update and delete library holdings from OCLC records